Thursday, July 19, 2007

Something Old, Something New, Not Borrowed, Although it Could Be Black and Blue

In the process of packing up all my stuff I've come across many things, some of whihc is my old poetry. This poem I am about to share was written quite a long time ago, butI like it and I feel like sharing so here it is, please click on the read more tab...

Memo To An Ex

You left me at the altar
Or a least it seemed that way
There I was tear soaked
Cussing out the guests
As they offered their apologies
You on the other hand
Snuck off with the china
And mixed up some jack and coke's
in the champagne flutes
while you played poker with your buddies
So while we are on this fictitious day
It might as well be known
You left me standing in regret
waiting for resolve
bu sunrise came and sunrise went
day in and day out
You pushed me farther and farther away
With each opening of your mouth
Your words hurt but silence burns
Slicing me to the core
Till one day I broke
I couldn't take it anymore
For someone new had been built
Not the little girl you had left hehind
a woman was standing in her shoes
one of the very best kind
see the pain had lifted
and my heart does fly
with this I say goodbye
and thank you
thank you for making me into
the person I want to be
do what yuo need to do
I'll am fine
I'll make it without you.


7/2/2005


i chose to put this poem up because it reflects how I made it through a difficult time and it gives me hope that I can do it again. Comments are welcomed like always...

1 comment:

Steven said...

I like your blog,

I have linked you to my movie site!!


steven-movieworld.blogspot.com