Monday, July 16, 2007

"Love is or it aint. Thin love ain't love at all" -Toni Morrison


I'm not sure why I picked this image and I'm not sure why I'm writing cause I don't want to be the whiny type that wallows over something I can only equate to crying over spilled milk so I'm going for a different approach here. I have been relying on quotes and advice lately. So I so very nicely threw a quote in as the title of this I as I believe many people seem to keep themselves wrapped up in relationships merely for the fact of being in a relationship but my question today is what would happen if we were truly honest with ourselves and our situations. For all of us that are really in love, what would happen if we took a good look in the mirror and at ourselves and our situations would we really be in love or are we in love for the convenience?
Are we in love simply not to be alone or simply because everyone else is or simply just because it is the thing to do? Maybe I'm bitter, maybe I'm angry with myself or maybe just maybe I'm right. I don't know if I have an answer for this one or if anyone else does either. But like Toni Morrison says thin love ain't love at all. I'm too exhausted to write more and I need to keep packing this theme will come up again for sure so stay tuned.

In reflection
-C

1 comment:

Catmoves said...

Hello there. Just a couple of comments. For my own part, I do not like to have to click on another link to finish reading an article that has piqued my interest. You might consider putting the entire story on the initial page.
The other thing is, please put something in your "profile". It doesn't have to really reveal anything personal about you, but readers would like to know where are (like, Chicago, Ill.) The books you like (yes, I am reader). And so and on.
Do NOT reveal private information about yourself. There are "undesirables" who think it's fun to harass bloggers. Look at some other blogs to see what people put in their profiles.