Sunday, August 12, 2007

Moving Forward or Who Holds Us At The Stoplight Long After The Light Has Turned Green


I've had a bit of a feeling of regression lately and it hasn't been entirely a bad thing. I've been doing an awful lot of driving and I found some very old CDs, so while driving to a family party yesterday I decided it would be appropriate to listen to them and relive my "youth". I've discovered some memories I really do not want back, even if they are five years old. It also feels as if some people if my life could possibly be preventing me from moving forward and it is not the most obvious ones. Now I am beginning to wonder if there are people in our lives that keep us clinging to the past even when we know it is the wrong thing to do. How do we ever move forward and is this a gradual process
or am I really just standing still? Am I the one refusing to move or am I just surrounded by other people doing the same thing? I ask myself an awful lot of questions but I never seem to get any answers. I'm not sure what that means for me in the long run. Will I forever be trapped in a younger state or have I grown up and just do not realize it? I even begin to get frustrated with myself when I begin to write these things and often time just stop because it either scares me or makes me uncomfortable and I just quit instead of facing it. Have I grown up or am I trapped like this? I guess I would be the only one to answer that but until I get over my own insecurities I may never know. I suppose I shall move one step at a time and continue on until I reach some answer or some peace. Off I go again...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! And..so do I!
("off I go," that is.)

My new home (maybe Cali)...
..new home, for blogging too!

xx,Will.

Anonymous said...

nice post. real deep.

Browneyedgurly said...

Thanks everyone, I've been feeling trapped lately by many people and like I said not the most obvious ones, I've decided that its time I make my own decisions, regarding everything even if its not easy, I think everyone hits that point eventually and as hard as it may be sometimes you say goodbye or goodbye for now, we only move forward not back as much as we don't like it, thanks again for the comments!